Friday, July 10, 2015

Yet Another IKEA DIY Aquarium Cabinet/Stand. Now with Light Hanging Stand!

I'm setting up a new aquarium in our bedroom. This time it's a 60x45x45cm tank so slightly wider and taller than my last one. 

Fortunately, there's a perfect IKEA cabinet that fits this tank size, as shown below


This time around I installed a light hanging stand to make it ADA inspired. An electrical conduit (EMT) is my first choice of material but here in Singapore, I failed to find a source. Then I found this in Ikea

So I dismantle this rack and cut the top tube in the middle to make it look like this








As usual, I reinforced it with 2x1 inch "Kapok" solid wood to improve its structural strength and be able to withstand a 200 kilos of weight.











 Here's what the final product look like:



1 comment: